Sunday, 5 February 2017

Modelling 'The REAL DEAL' *Untold story*

Evening to all out there...
Today I'm going to touch on the untold. Something I told myself I wouldn't do. I put it aside for a long time because I didn't think it was worth talking about. It wasn't fair. Not in my opinion. Not in any shape or form. It was...

INJUSTICE!!!
You're probably thinking what? who? where? why? what was so unjust? 
Well... the beautiful pictures you're looking at right here came with an interesting experience. Like most of my photo shoots do, which is why I refuse to boast about them. Today I'm going to tell you something really UGLY about the World of Modelling. 
I'm going to share the REAL DEAL and no I'm not a model I just like photo shoots #That'swhatsup.
These photos up above were shot the day before I hopped on a plane to Miami and I must admit that
everything started okay. I was offered a delightful experience - like I paid for but slightly less. Everything seemed to be kicking off well until the photographer who was also the make-up artist refused to promote me. Want to know why?
Well...

(there was more beneath the surface of what I'm about to say next but) because I chose to respect myself and keep my clothes on. This action I took to respect my body was 'supposedly' going to eliminate the consistency of the photographer's current portfolio on Instagram. How rude right?!
I know I won't be paying for that service again.
But WAIT...let me tell you something (which makes this topic even more deeper than it already is).
 This Photographer and Make-up artist wasn't just anybody, this person was the very same person who did my birthday celebration make-up in 2015; someone I introduced to my mum and sisters and welcomed into my home. This Make-up artist did my make-up for a shoot earlier in the year in 2015 AND... gave me make-up tips. I had a well established relationship with this person (well I thought I did).
I was a hardcore fan. But this is exactly what happens when people grow an ego. So sad for someone so talented.
But anyways, that's enough for today.
I don't rant because there are way more intelligent ways to deal with 'unjust' situations.
*Beyonce - I ain't Sorry*
By the way, I've only changed what I had originally written in this blog post because many were asking what happened.

Enjoy the details 

lastly, check out my brand new gallery page 

And don't forget to add me on G+ (To your right)
You just need a Google account nothing more!!!
it's a click of a button.

Later Lovelies 

xxx
Credits:
Hair by - @Elisabeth
Share:

34 comments

  1. Your makeup is stunning!!!
    Xx Brandi
    www.brandilocks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty look :)
    www.tinachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and nice photos
    www.treschic.fashion
    @mariajosegomezverdu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting post hun! xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look very pretty dear, love your hair and make-up.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only say that "not all is what it seems", looking at the bright side, regardless of what happened behind the scenes, you look stunning here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharing your experience might help you cope. Hope your well.

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning! The makeup is fabulous
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Have a lovely day sweetie!
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a shame you had a bad experience, the pictures are beautiful but it's sad something happened to upset you.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosy,
      yeah its a shame when people choose not to live up to who they 'say' they are

      Delete
  10. Wow you look absolutely flawless! So so beautiful! Love your make up
    Xoxo
    http://www.myinfinitystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was hoping you would share more about your expereince because you never know who you might be helping out there. Injustice does exist and I feel it should be addressed. I am not saying that you should blast the people involved in this but your story could make a difference. In other news you look so beautiful in these pictures.

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephy,
      I felt like I would be giving too much away if I addressed more and more of the story.

      Delete
  12. So nice post and so good work!!! Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    News from NYFW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm sadly it's often the case with modelling - from what I'm told! Regardless, you look beautifully composed Winnie :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle
      you're right it's true

      Delete
  14. Whatever you went through dont let it break you, you are beautiful and talented. First time visitng your blog and i really like it :)
    Greeting from Sweden :)

    http://gracemungai.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no. I hope you feel better now. No one in this world deserves to experience any form of injustice. On the other hand, you do look gorgeous in the photos! I wish you all the success with your makeup career! :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl
    YouTube
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  16. So gorgeous! :)
    officiallookbookstore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing! Love your make-up!
    xx, Yulia

    http://yuliakuzubova.com

    ReplyDelete

© Its Just Winnie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig